After three days of initial outage, I finally got my iCloud mail id working. It was really strange the way iCloud smtp server behaved. But anyway, I think this problem is over. After configuring iCloud email on my mac and windows, I really needed it on my android phones so that I can check my mails on the go. Here is a step by step tutorial for configuring your email client on Android phones (the setting works almost on all the devices).
1. Go to the native email client application and go to new account setup.
2. Fill your email address “firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com” and password and click on the Manual Setup.
3. Choose IMAP and fill “p07-imap.mail.me.com” (or p01-imap.mail.me.com etc..)port: 993 and Security type : SSL.
4. On the following screen configure smtp server by entering these values SMTP Server: smtp.me.com Port: 587 Security type: TLS You need to check “Require Sign In” and provide your username and password. Keep in mind that your username should not be your full email id but just the part before @sign e.g enter sa123 for email id firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Enter the values in option fields and enjoy your icloud mail on android. Note: You need to check your imap server as iCloud has assigned the different servers (p01-imap to p09-imap) to different email ids so check which one of the these works for you. You can also see this in your iOS device mail setting, use the same imap server for android.
Update: Please do let me know if this setting work for you… I would like to know whether this is working universally or just for a few. Update 2: Try changing your password of iCloud account if above settings are not working. For some servers this has solved the problem. Look at the comments sections, you can see what has worked for some other people. The best blog-editor for Mac (Do you agree with my choice…share your views here)
Like a charm. Thanks a lot.
Gnote, Buenos Aires.
This worked beautifully! Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information!
Thanks for the directions! I just got my me email working on my AT&T HTC One X.
Thank you! After months of frustration I can finally access my email on my phone! HTC evo 4G and 4G lte.
Santosh, thank you for posting this workaround. It still works as of this date. Cheers.
Thank you so so much. I have had my @me account for a long time and i have always been able to access my email through my phone but just one day it stopped. After almost two weeks of not being able to get my email I am now back online. I think it had something to do with the change over from MobileMe to iCloud. I was almost lost with zero help from both apple and HTC. I’m glad I came across your article.
Worked perfectly – thanks very much!
It is working for LG Marquee from Boost Mobile.
My Virgin Mobile LG Rumor touch had been working fine with its e-mail until about May 23rd. I found your information here, updated my settings and now I’m back on top of my e-mails. Thanks for your post!
Thank you so much or the info.. I have a HTC and for a week have been trying to figure out why I haven’t received my emails. Tried your settings p07-imap and it worked like a charm..
Thanks for the advice! Your site was my last resort on getting this to work. It worked beautifully!
Thank you for your help.
Thanks. The settings works perfectly for my galaxy s3.
bionic Droid p06 not p07
Thank you!! I have tried everything to restore email use to my Samsung Galaxy S, and this did the trick!
The incoming servers work great but I couldnt get the outgoing to work, however I changed the security to STARSSL or something like that and it works, just without Push email. Thanks!
Thank you so much! This just worked for me, after first trying the instructions at Apple Support Communities:
which did not work but fortunately also contained the url to this page!