After three days of initial outage, I finally got my iCloud mail id working. It was really strange the way iCloud smtp server behaved. But anyway, I think this problem is over. After configuring iCloud email on my mac and windows, I really needed it on my android phones so that I can check my mails on the go. Here is a step by step tutorial for configuring your email client on Android phones (the setting works almost on all the devices).
1. Go to the native email client application and go to new account setup.
2. Fill your email address “email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org” and password and click on the Manual Setup.
3. Choose IMAP and fill “p07-imap.mail.me.com” (or p01-imap.mail.me.com etc..)port: 993 and Security type : SSL.
4. On the following screen configure smtp server by entering these values SMTP Server: smtp.me.com Port: 587 Security type: TLS You need to check “Require Sign In” and provide your username and password. Keep in mind that your username should not be your full email id but just the part before @sign e.g enter sa123 for email id email@example.com.
5. Enter the values in option fields and enjoy your icloud mail on android. Note: You need to check your imap server as iCloud has assigned the different servers (p01-imap to p09-imap) to different email ids so check which one of the these works for you. You can also see this in your iOS device mail setting, use the same imap server for android.
Update: Please do let me know if this setting work for you… I would like to know whether this is working universally or just for a few. Update 2: Try changing your password of iCloud account if above settings are not working. For some servers this has solved the problem. Look at the comments sections, you can see what has worked for some other people. The best blog-editor for Mac (Do you agree with my choice…share your views here)